One way I relax is to bake!
I thought I would bake sugar cookies with a Winter twist to give out to my friends and family.
Mittens & Hats seemed like a good choice for this cold weather!
Here is the recipe and tutorial if you want to try this yourself!
It is easy to do and a fun way to relax. I made the decorations easy enough so that anyone can do it!
Glazed Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 75% vegetable oil margarine
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cool water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 drops gel food coloring
- Using your mixer, mix together sugar, egg, margarine and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and flour and mix until flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Roll dough into a ball.On a floured surface using half the dough, roll out dough to desired thickness. Cut out shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes carefully watching for a light golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and cool for one minute before transferring from baking sheet.
- When completely cooled, glaze as desired.