Welcome to my Weekly Menu Plan!
This week’s menu is all about a few simple recipes to make the week run a little easier!
Be sure to sign in for the FREE Menu Plan and Master Grocery List below!
Let’s see what’s cooking!
I usually serve a nice filling Sunday meal if I have company. This menu never fails.
- Glazed Ham
- Cheesy Potato Casserole by All Things Mamma
- Five Cup Salad
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic, Parmesan & Lemon by House of Nash Eats
- Dinner Rolls
- Deviled Eggs
- Hummingbird Cake (recipe below)
It’s Meatless Monday! Let’s try yummy Mushroom and Garlic Spaghetti.
- Mushroom and Garlic Spaghetti by the Kitchn
- Caprese Salad
- Garlic Toast
Let’s use our slow cooker for Cheesy Ham Chowder! Bonus: Leftover ham never tasted so good!
- Sourdough Bread
- Grilled Hamburgers
- Vegetable Crudite
Ole’ Time for easy Sheet Pan Fajitas!
- Spanish Rice
- Tossed Green Salad with Ranch Picante Dressing
Friday is our take it easy night for dinner. Quick and simple so we can spend the evening relaxing without a lot of meal prep or clean up.
Saturday night is usually reserved for going out or ordering take out. It is a special treat we budget for ourselves. Dinner is usually followed by a movie. Saturday is my favorite day of the week!
- Date Night / Take Out / Snacks
This week’s Sweet Ending is Hummingbird Cake. An original recipe published by Southern Living Magazine submitted by Mrs. L H Wiggins. It is the magazine’s most popular recipe. Once you taste this delicious, moist cake, you’ll know why.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, juice included
- 3 bananas, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 sticks butter, salted
- 2 16 ounce packages powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl; add eggs and oil, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, bananas, and toasted pecans.
- Divide batter evenly among 3 well-greased (with shortening) and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Increase speed to medium-high, and beat until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Assemble Cake: Place 1 Cake Layer on a serving platter; spread top with 1 cup of the frosting. Top with second layer, and spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with third layer, and spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Arrange pecan halves on top of cake.Enjoy!