Welcome to My Weekly Menu Plan!
Temperatures are rising!
I am so ready for Fall even though Summer seems a little non-existent this year!
However, the Sun is heating up this weekend! 109 degrees here in California!
So, let’s keep things simple and fresh for awhile longer!
Let’s see what’s cooking!
Simplicity is still the order of the day on Sundays. Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken from Dinner Then Dessert has an AMAZING recipe!
- Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
- Jasmine Rice
- Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Mini Quiche 4 Ways
- Caesar Salad
- Sliced Peaches
It’s Taco Tuesday with a delicious spin on chicken tacos from Gimme Delicious!
I will confess that I love Red Lobster. Particularly the Crab Alfredo. I can’t wait to go back, but until then this fits the bill! Lorente shares a tasty copycat version I think you’ll love.
- Red Lobster Crab Alfredo
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Caprese Salad
Thursday is chicken night in our house. Let’s try Revere World Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken. Sounds amazing!
- Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
- Potato Salad
Friday is our take it easy night for dinner. Quick and simple so we can spend the evening relaxing without a lot of meal prep or clean up. When I was growing up we often had inexpensive family get togethers and served corn dogs. Chef in Training has a sweet and easy recipe. Perfect for a Friday night get together!
- Easy Homemade Corn Dogs
- Pork and Beans
Saturday night is usually reserved for going out or ordering take out. It is a special treat we budget for ourselves. Dinner is followed by church or movie. Saturday is my favorite day of the week.
- Date Night / Take Out / Snacks
This week’s Sweet Ending is Lemon Drop Cookies! The lemony taste is subtle enough and the white chocolate chips take it to the next level of yummy!
Lemon Drop Cookies
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon banking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir to combine. Do not overmix. Add white chocolate chips and combine.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Cool. Enjoy!