Thanks for stopping by!
Are you ready for Fall? I am ready!
Have I got at treat for you! I have joined nine other bloggers to share great ideas for Fall to get you inspired!
I would love for you to visit each one and tell me what inspires you for Fall!
My Homier Home
Now on to my Fall Meal planning calendars! I have also included a grocery list. Just enter your name below and all 3 calendars and grocery list will be delivered to your email for print!
Please let me know if you have any questions or have any suggestions to make these calendars and list work better for your meal planning!
Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Stew
This week’s favorite recipe is an easy, but filling Chicken and Vegetable Stew!
Hearty Chicken Vegetable Stew
- 1 whole chicken, cooked
- 1 package beef vegetable soup mix (I use Bear Creek)
- 1 14.5 oz can green beans
- 1 14.5 oz can whole kernel corn
- 1 14.5 oz can cut carrots
- 1 14.5 oz can peas
- 4 medium Potatoes, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 46 oz can tomato juice
- Remove neck and internal pieces from inside whole chicken. In a large stock pot, boil chicken until cooked thoroughly. Let cool.
- Remove chicken from stock pot reserving the chicken broth in stock pot.
- Shred cooked chicken from bones and add back to stock pot. Add 2cups of reserved chicken broth to pot.
- Drain some of the juice from can of green beans, corn, carrots and peas. Add to stockpot.
- Add diced potatoes and diced onions to stock pot.
- Add soup mix base.
- Add tomato juice. and diced tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft and cooked thoroughly. Stir occasionally. Makes a large quantity of soup. Freezes well.
Thanks for joining me!