Thanks for stopping by!
Are you ready for Fall? I am ready!
Have I got at treat for you! I have joined nine other bloggers to share great ideas for Fall to get you inspired!
I would love for you to visit each one and tell me what inspires you for Fall!
My Homier Home
Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Stew
This week’s favorite recipe is an easy, but filling Chicken and Vegetable Stew!
Hearty Chicken Vegetable Stew
A hearty soup made with cooked chicken and a tomato base with plenty of vegetables!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 whole chicken, cooked
- 1 package beef vegetable soup mix (I use Bear Creek)
- 1 14.5 oz can green beans
- 1 14.5 oz can whole kernel corn
- 1 14.5 oz can cut carrots
- 1 14.5 oz can peas
- 4 medium Potatoes, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 46 oz can tomato juice
- Remove neck and internal pieces from inside whole chicken. In a large stock pot, boil chicken until cooked thoroughly. Let cool.
- Remove chicken from stock pot reserving the chicken broth in stock pot.
- Shred cooked chicken from bones and add back to stock pot. Add 2cups of reserved chicken broth to pot.
- Drain some of the juice from can of green beans, corn, carrots and peas. Add to stockpot.
- Add diced potatoes and diced onions to stock pot.
- Add soup mix base.
- Add tomato juice. and diced tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft and cooked thoroughly. Stir occasionally. Makes a large quantity of soup. Freezes well.
Thanks for joining me!
I always love a great soup recipe and can’t wait to try this one! Loved hopping with you!
Thank you Leslie!
This looks delicious. I can’t wait to try it. I’ve been looking a hearty chicken soup/stew recipe since my family doesn’t love pot roast. Thanks for sharing and it’s nice to hop with you.
This looks delicious! I can’t wait to try this.
Thanks for stopping by Wendy!
This sounds absolutely delicious and I cannot wait to give it a try. I love fall and all the comfort it brings 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for stopping by Chas!
I love soup season so much! I make/have soup every day for lunch once it cools off here!!
I love soup too! and chili! Thanks for stopping by!
Yum! I love a wonderful hearty soup in the fall. It was fun hopping with you. Happy Fall!
Thank you Renae!
There’s nothing like a bowl of soup to put me in the mood for fall. These recipes look so yummy!
Thank you Robyn!
So yummy!! Love it!
Oh wow, this is perfect for those cool fall days, isn’t it? My husband loves any version of chicken soup and I know he will love this one! I am pinning it and saving! Thanks for joining in this inspiring fall hop!
Thank you for the invite Chloe! I appreciate you visting me!