My life depends on structure and organization. It’s just my personality. Living my life in an orderly fashion calms me. Each woman is wired differently so goal setting won’t be the same for everyone. However, establishing goals according to your personality and lifestyle will always hold the same value in the end. Success and PURPOSE.
A proven method of goal setting is to use the SMART method.
I arranged my goals into categories basing it on the SMART system. The goals I want to work on this year are based on the core of this blog:
Financial / Business
One way I struggle is to set myself up for too many changes and trying to achieve perfection. Ironically to accomplish my main goal for the year which is PURPOSE, I’ll need to be “purposeful” in picking the most attainable goals.
So here we go….
- Read 2 books a month and review. These will include books for pleasure reading (fiction), personal development and business / financial.
- I am going to set aside 30 minutes each night before bed to read.
- Journal each morning or night. I am not going to put a lot of pressure on myself by assigning a time.
- I am just going to make a goal to write each day.
- Weight Loss is a must for my mind, body and soul for survival. My ultimate goal is to lose 125 pounds. A high goal!
- I will focus on just 2 pounds a week.
- I will focus on eating more whole foods.
- I will focus on less sugar and processed foods.
- To make this goal more attainable I am assigning a meal once a week that will satisfy my cravings, but still allow me to stay on track.
- Eyesight. There is absolutely nothing I can do to cure my eyesight. By focusing on my other goals I hope to ease the stress on my body and more specifically my eyes.
- Exercise. I love to walk / run and lift weights.
- As per my doctor’s instructions, I will lift and walk and run when I can. I hope to be cleared for 4 days a week.
- Bible Study is an important part of my spiritual well-being. I am fortunate to be in a group with women from a diverse group.
- I will attend my Bible Study weekly.
- Daily Devotion. Journaling and reflection will help clear my mind.
- Daily. Daily. Daily.
- Weekly date with my husband with no phones or distractions.
- Monthly one on one time with my daughter with no phones or distractions.
- Weekly phone calls with each of my parents.
- Monthly breakfast or lunch dates with my closest friends. No drama no rules.
Financial / Business
- Blog post 4 times a week. Grow my blog to reach many, many more women.
- Become debt free by end of the year.
- Budget monthly.
- Save 6 months of living expenses.
- Save monthly. Already budgeted!
- Expand real estate business and property inspections business.
- One day per week is devoted to each business for marketing activity.
- Plan 3 activities related to my personal intention of reaching more women to offer support and inspiration.
- Meet monthly for brainstorming activity for ideas with my trusted core of women.
I am so excited to write down these goals! I will update on my progress once a week.
What are your goals? How do they fit into your PURPOSE? I’d love to hear your ideas and progress!
We are just getting started! Let’s go!