Welcome to Week #4 Menu Plan!
It’s been rainy in Southern California this week so I made warm Chicken Vegetable Soup, a family recipe from my step-dad. It’s a little unusual with the addition of beef vegetable soup mix with the chicken broth, but I promise it is delicious! Your FREE weekly menu printable is below!
Let’s see what’s cooking!
Chicken Vegetable Soup cooking in the slow cooker for Sunday dinner is a hit!
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Sourdough Bread
It Is A Keeper makes a delicious meatless Monday meal with Three Cheese Baked Penne.
- Three Cheese Baked Penne
- Caprese Salad
- Broccoli Spears
Cincy Shopper makes us Simple Salisbury Steak. I try to organize my menu and have beef once a week. This is a special treat!
Breakfast for dinner? Yes, please! A great way to get us over the hump of the week.
- Eggs Benedict
- Garlic Dill Red Potatoes
- Fruit Salad
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken looks amazing! I can’t wait to try this. The sweet coating makes this chicken look so tender.
- Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Rice Pilaf
Friday is our take it easy night for dinner. Quick and simple so we can spend the evening relaxing without a lot of meal prep or clean up.
- Steak Salad
- Chocolate Turtle Brownie Bites
Saturday night is usually reserved for going out or ordering take out. It is a special treat we budget for ourselves. Dinner is followed by church or movie. Saturday is my favorite day of the week.
- Date Night / Take Out / Snacks
Apple Crisp is this week’s Sweet Ending. The apple filling is cooked on the stove making this an incredible dessert!
Apple Crisp with Brown Sugar Streusel Topping
- 10 thinly sliced granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Brown Sugar Streusel Topping
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, salted and melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- STEP 1In a saucepan on medium heat, cook apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and water until apples are soft. Remove from heat and add flour, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir until combine. Add butter and vanilla extract.STEP 2Pour apple filling into a 9 x 9 baking dish. STEP 3Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl. Combine until flour is coated and mixture resembles heavy sand. Add chopped pecans. Sprinkle topping on apple filling. STEP 4Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes and topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!